Clemens Robbenhaar wrote:
 The actual work is the transformation of instances of class "A.Foo" to
class "B.Foo"; to be on the safe side one would have to copy over all
attributes manually. If You want to try a fast and dirty solution, You
could try to write the new class into the '__class__' attribute of the
instance of the old class, making it an instance of the new class, but
I do not know it this really works.

Somebody correct me please, if I'm wrong, but

1. tinkering with __class__ is the only way to do this.
2. you can not tinker with __class__ of an ExtensionClass, i.e. all Persistent objects.

So, it is not doable, IIRC.

Phil