Ensure that the binaries being called through os.system() are in the program search
path.

-aj

P.S. Use the zope mailinglist next time

--On Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2003 12:12 Uhr +0200 Arjan Huizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have created an external method that is called when I upload a file.
This external method will execute the validate_file function from my
python file in the Extensions directory.

The script creates a file and tries to see if it contains a virus. It
does run, but after creating the file, the os.system and os.remove
commands do not seem to do anything. When I copy the relevant code from
the script to a python file and run it on the server directly, the code
works.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

p.s. I am running Zope 2.6.1 with CMF 1.3 on a Linux box.

=============
import os

def validate_file(file):
    '''
    Check is file contains a virus.
    '''

filename = "/usr/local/Zope/temp/temp.bin"

    # Write the file to the local filesystem
    temp = open(filename, "wb")
    temp.write(file.read())
    temp.flush

    # Call virus checker
    error_level = os.system("f-prot " + filename)

    # Delete temp file
    os.remove(filename)

return error_level;