On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 04:56:26PM +0200, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> I have the need to "update" some persistent objects in a ZODB to change
> their class.
> One use case comparable to the one I have would be to change all objects
> of type Folder to OrderedFolder.
> To do that, I envisionned finding all thoses objects and doing
>   ob.__class__ = OrderedFolder
>   ob._p_changed = 1
> Would this work ?

See the thread "Renaming a product" just a few days ago.
The conclusion was that this would not work.

> If not, what other hack could I do ? The idea being that I don't want to
> recreate all the objects.

You might not have a choice.
A conversion script might take a while to run and your ZODB might
get a bit more bloated, but otherwise, it'll work fine.

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's ULTRA BULLET FROGMAN!