Paul Winkler wrote:
To do that, I envisionned finding all thoses objects and doing

 ob.__class__ = OrderedFolder
 ob._p_changed = 1

Would this work ?

See the thread "Renaming a product" just a few days ago. The conclusion was that this would not work.

Ok, but I'm curious about the deeper reason. Why is the class given a special treatment in the ZODB ? If an object has changed, it has to be re-dumped to storage, and I guess this includes its class. Or is the class used as metadata somewhere along the oid ?

-- Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France) +33 1 40 33 79 87 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]