On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:06:13PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Evan Simpson wrote:
> >With prefixes, the simpler
> >"here/getSomeObject/call:/someAttribute" gets the job done.
> FWIW, I'd write this as "here/call:getSomeObject/someAttribute".  I
> suppose it's possible to support both.

really? How? If you support evan's version, then yours means
"call whatever 'here' refers to, and pass getSomeObject as an argument".

> One interesting difference is
> that my syntax says both "get an attribute" and "call it", while yours
> says only "call it".  Mine is a method call, while yours is a function call.

How would you pass arguments in your version?  I'd say that passing
arguments accounts for a very large percentage of my need to use
TALES python expressions.

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's UN-LIBIDO OMEGA!