On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:29:45PM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
How would you pass arguments in your version? I'd say that passing arguments accounts for a very large percentage of my need to use TALES python expressions.
If you need to pass arguments, use a Python expression. Python expressions are not on trial.
You said in another post: """ My feeling is that you should avoid mixing syntaxes in a single document. """
So I'm getting mixed messages from you. :-)
They are consistent because neither is absolute.
I'm tired of this. Do you have a better alternative to subpath prefixes? The constraints are tight:
- You have to make calling explicit. It's important for Zope 3.
- You don't get the implicit acquisition crutch anymore. It's important for Zope 3.
- You have to provide an easy way to access APIs. It's important for Zope 3.
- You have to provide a way to explicitly acquire. It's important for Zope 3!
- You can't use Python statements in templates.
- Everyone is going to argue over your solution for months.
I've tried very hard to invent a way to solve the problems with path expressions without changing TALES. I can't. So I gave myself the flexibility of using just one character that was reserved anyway in path expressions, and the solution fell out.
If you want to look for a solution, consider using *only* Python expressions--no path expressions. You'll get a lot of mileage that way, but at the expense of syntax clashes. Who knows, you might find a pretty good solution.
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce