On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:06:08AM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jim and PythonLabs put a bunch of work into optimizing ZEO cache
> validation earlier this year, and now it's quite speedy.

Which reminds me...  Is it expected that ZEO can take quite a while
to show a new object on all clients?

With zope 2.6.2b3, ZEO 2.0.2,  I can reliably get this behavior:

1) browser 1 looking at "foofolder" on client 1 adds a new object

2) browser 2 on client 2 visits "/foofolder/bar". Not found.

3) browser 2 on client 2 flushes the browser cache,
quits / restarts the browser, etc.
"/foofolder/bar" again. Still not found.

3.5) Repeat step 3 intermittently for an hour (!). Not found.

4) client 2 is restarted. Browser 2 refreshes
and immediately gets the expected object "bar".

This is clearly problematic.  At what point is client 2 supposed to
see the new object??

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's SADIST ITE!