Also the Plone Windows controller rocks, and I'd like to ship something like it with Zope itself. But a) I don't know it's licensing disposition (we can't ship GPL'ed code with Zope AFAIK) and b) it will need to change a lot due to the install and config changes in 2.7+.
Im not trying to maintain the Controller any more, mostly because I dont really enjoy trying to faff with MFC code. I've tried to get a gui controller started using wxPython a few times, but ran out of steam before I get anywhere a few times.
Either way the Controller does too much work that is now done in 2.7, I'd like it to:
- talk to the tools in bin to create new instances (it tried to do its own thing)
- talk to ZEO
- read and write the ZConfig file
So, anyway, if there's any way we can work together on the installer or controller stuff, I'd be very happy. You know more about this shit than I do. ;-)
Likewise, when, how or what - I dont know.
Here's what I know still need to do:
- figure out how to get event/access log rotation to work (sigusr2 definitely wont work ;-)
- provide a better default config file for Windows (backslashes instead of slashes).
- Log startup tracebacks when running as a service to the Windows event log.
Dont we use the logging module now? Can we just plug in the NTEventHandler? I haven't looked at 2.7 so guessing.
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce