Christian Tismer wrote:
Stackless 3.0 does all of it, whatever is possible.
That means, you can switch whatever, even extension
C code with Python callbacks. But cooperative code
can switch faster.

I'm very happy to hear you've forged onward. I was concerned you had given up.

But Zope has a lot of reentrant code, especially in Acquisition and ZODB. Doesn't that prevent Zope from taking advantage of Stackless continuations?

No continuations, tasklets. :-)

Did you switch the terminology? Where can I read about Stackless 3.0?

For the uninitiated: Stackless lets a Python program break out of the rigid constraints of a simple stack. It lets Python code manipulate its own execution. It provides new solutions to problems like threading, debugging, network communication, etc. It's a very interesting shift.

BTW, here's one avenue you might pursue, Christian: Python IDEs. When I wrote the debugger for Boa Constructor, I hit a big wall. Since Python is a dynamic language, one would expect to be able to pause the execution of a function, change the function, and resume execution with new code--never skipping a beat. But CPython makes this nearly impossible. I imagine Stackless would provide an answer for this. If it does, get in contact with ActiveState, Secret Labs, or the Wing IDE folks and tell them you can make their debugger twice as good as any other. Just an idea.