On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 09:51, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Germer, Carsten wrote:
> > Thanks Bjorn, now I remember the last-modified issue.
> > As I remember it, someone said that the line is commented out for a reason
> > not known... that's why I didn't change it :)
> It has always been commented out in CVS.  That may have been a
> mistake--it may have been a temporary debugging edit that I accidentally
> slipped in.  I suggest we uncomment it and see what happens! ;-)
> Ideally, we should allow the user to choose policies for particular
> headers in the management interface.

The CMF's CachingPolicyManger, which is specialized for caching skin
methods, already has such customizations:  it allows spelling the
'Last-Modified' header using a TALES expression, and also has checkboxes
for the 'no-cache', 'no-store', and 'must-revalidate' options of the
'Cache-Control' header.