Casey Duncan wrote at 2003-10-15 09:53 -0400:
 > It seems to me that DAs are a bit broken with regard to where they store
 > their database connection objects. They should register an object with
 > the transaction that holds the connection so that it can be properly
 > committed or aborted regardless of what happens with _v_ variables in
 > the interim.

That is not the problem.

The problem is to *find* the connection object previously opened
in the same request when you access it a second time.
It *must* be ensured that this is the *same* connection object
as otherwise a single Zope transaction affects two different
connections for the same database (which translates into two different