Dieter Maurer wrote:
Due to a bug in the the condition, however, it redirected for all
methods unless they started with a "/" (reported as a bug in the
Zope mailing list).
I fixed the condition (patch to collector 1058).

Unfortunately, returning "getattr(self,method)(self,REQUEST)"
requires the method to be DTML like and breaks if this is not the

I now think it is best to *always" use the redirect and never
return the method. My code now looks like:

Thanks! I don't have the time to look into the details.

Meanwhile Andreas also stumbled over this issue (with different symptoms, see <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/8507> ) and reverted the manage_workspace changes in CVS.

Don't know
- if someone checks in your new patch soon (I guess there should be unittests that catch the broken use cases so any future checkins are checked against these use cases.)
- if collector #1058 should be reopened
- if Zope is currently more broken than before because parts of your patch are still in CVS

Cheers, Yuppie