On 29 Oct 2003 at 17:41, Paulo Lobo wrote:

> Pessoal,  o seguinte:
> Guys, i have a problem...
> i'm working on a site with Zope and Interbase, and sometimes some strange things
> start to
> happen...
> when a lot of requests are made, for example, if someone press F5 and keep it
> pressed, zope
> locks and interbase too
> if we acess a page that doesn't uses Interbase, in the same server, zope doesn't
> locks, even if we
> try to acess it with more than one user at a time
> i think that's something wrong with my Interbase connector. I'm using ZFirebird,
> because we
> already had this problem with L Interbase Connector. If someone could show mea
> betterInterbase connector ou another form of solving this problem, i would be glad...

We have been using Interbase/Firebird with gvibDA for a couple of years and
experience the same problem. I think there's a bug in the firebird/interbase gds
that fails under multi-threading conditions. The gvibDA is thunked, but gds still hangs
under heavy load.

So, we're migrating to SAP DB, which is also much faster than Firebird (at least for
use case)

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements