Jim Fulton wrote:
> Steve Alexander and I will be hosting a sprint in Fredericksburg
> January 12-14, 2004:
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/SteveVisitingFredericksburgSprint
> A possible topic is Zope 2 to Zope 3  transition and working on
> Zope 2.9.

Before independent discussions erupt here, see my response on zope3-dev
with my worries about Zope 2.9 and what I think the right thing to do is
concerning Zope 3 technology in Zope 2: making as much as possible work with
Zope 2.7 *without changing Zope 2*.

Zope 2.9 will still happen of course, and will be able to do more than
what's possible against a base of Zope 2.7, but it's a while off (a year
by an optimistic estimate) and work on Zope 2.7 integration can start today

Here's my posting:

and a minor correction: