Eric Roby wrote:
We are trying to  make a 'folderish' (WebDAV Collection) class appear as
a WebDAV Resource to WebDAV clients.  I won't go into the reasons why we
want to do this unless someone is interested. We have made several
attempts at this but have been unsuccessful to date.  Rather than go
into all the gory details about what we have tried I am asking if anyone
could tell me if it is even technically possible to trick the WebDAV
machinery (server/client) into treating this class in this way?

Oh, you want to know how too_ Hang, on I'll look up the code....

You need to set a bunch of attributes on the class:

    isPrincipiaFolderish = 0
    __dav_collection__ = 0
    isAnObjectManager = 0

As I remember, any of these set to 1 will make the Collection object behave like a collection. Setting isPrincipiaFolderish to 0 will make the folder dissapear from the ZMI-tree too, but the othger ones have no real side effects.

I don't remember the details to WHY this is like this, so you can experiment with removing some of these settings, I may misremember.