Hi Paul,

 I cannot answer Your original question:

 > I noticed this in ZServer/README.txt (zope 2.6.2):
 >
 > HTTP 1.1 support is ZServer is incomplete, though it should work for
 >     most HTTP 1.1 clients.
 >
 > Anybody know what specifically is "incomplete"?

 but instead a complete random off remark:

 > In particular, some people on my team asked me if zserver
 > supports "persistent" connections, and I didn't know how
 > to answer. I'm looking now at HTTPServer.py and the docstrings
 > suggest that it does ... yes? no?

 You can try out yourself: connect to the Zope server via "telnet"
and type in:
"""
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost

"""

The server should serve the page, and if it supports "persistent"
connections, if should not close the connection, so You can type in the
request again (if You type fast enough to finish before the timeout ;-)

Cheers,
Clemens