| Think of it in terms of modules:
|
| objects from BTree -> objects from BTrees.OOBTree
| objects from IOBTree -> objects from BTrees.IOBTree
| objects from OIBTree -> objects from BTrees.OIBTree
| objects from IIBTree -> objects from BTrees.IIBTree
| objects from intSet -> objects from BTrees.IIBTree

Ok.

+--------------------+------------------------+
|Old                 |New                     |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|BTree.BTree         |BTrees.OOBTree.OOBtree  |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|BTree.Bucket        |BTrees.OOBTree.OOBucket |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|IOBTree.BTree       |BTrees.IOBTree.IOBTree  |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|IOBTree.Bucket      |BTrees.IOBTree.IOBucket |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|OIBTree.BTree       |BTrees.OIBTree.OIBTree  |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|OIBTree.Bucket      |BTrees.OIBTree.OIBucket |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|IIBTree.IIBTree     |BTrees.IIBTree.IIBTree  |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|IIBTree.Bucket      |BTrees.IIBTree.IIBUcket |
+--------------------+------------------------+
|intSet              |BTrees.IIBTree.IITreeSet|
+--------------------+------------------------+

| >| 3. The hard part is walking the object tree.  You will need a function
| >that,
| >|    given an object, will return the oids of the objects it references.
| >|    Perhaps Jeremy can help you with that.
| >
| >I hope so *wink*.
|
| Me too. He's pretty busy. If he can't, I'll try to help.

I started with a slight variation of Shane's change_modules.py
[1]. Had to make some changes because stuff seem to have changed in
the Connection class. For example, invalidate() now expects a dict
instead of a oid. My plan is to change around line 130, where it
creates a new pickle with new_class_spec to wake the old object,
create a new one and pickle the new object. Sounds reasonable?

[1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/zodbex/zodbex/ChangeModules/change_modules.py?rev=1.3&view=auto
--
Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

A programming language is low level when its programs require attention
to the irrelevant.