Chris McDonough wrote:

Out of curiosity, could you explain why it matters in this context
whether it's an extensionclass or not?  Is it because there might be a
set of people using PersistentMapping objects for whom its important
that they be able to use extenionclass semantics against them?  I'd just
never thought of using __of__ or inheritedAttribute or any of the other
EC-specific stuff on a PersistentMapping.

<shrug> Who knows. I'd rather be safe. It's not that hard. In any case, we would have needed the fix to handle old pickles correctly.

Jim