I usually use test.py --dir lib/python/some/directory to test
subsections of Zope or test.py lib/python/a/file.py works too.  That
said I agree it would be nice to have these tests continue to work
standalone as they're written.  This would boil down to being able to
set the ZOPE_CONFIG attribute as you advocated earlier.

- C