Chris McDonough writes:
 > In a perfect world, it would be possible to extend or change the main
 > section of a schema (or any section in a schema) with altnerate keys or
 > sections, I think.  I have no idea how to do it, though.

Phillip Eby and I discussed the override issue a bit, and decided that
it wouldn't be too hard to do, but we had no concrete need.  Adding
keys and sections is easy with Phillip's <schema extends='...'>
support.  These ideas all revolve around creating new schemas, though,
so aren't quite what we've done with Zope itself.

We can already create new implementations of abstract types and load
them through %import in specific configurations; this only applies to
sections, though.

I suspect the current support is pretty much what we're looking for;
if we're forced to describe things as components in the configuration,
we'll be forced to deal with them as components in the implementation.
I expect this will lead to better understood implementations, as each
piece is more easily understood in isolation, and more readily

Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation