I want to make the zope.interface (Zope 3 Interfaces) package
available on the Zope 2 head (aka Zope 2.8).  I propose to add
lib/python/zope3 as a container for zope 3 packages. This new
directory will be added to the path used by Zope 2.

I was thinking about to write a feature request for this issue about a week ago.

I have to request concerning the interface package:

* Could you also update the interface package of zope 2.7 or is it to late? I would like to see it in zope 2.7 but I understand that it might break some software.

* Could you please provide a standalone interface package with a distutil installer so other programs and tools could make use of the interfaces without installing zope.