we have spent most of the day tracking down obscure
hangs of Zope (2.6.4rc1) under python2.1.3 on a RHEL3

The problem seems to be a logic flaw somewhere related
to the cPickleCache, when using a destructor in a Zope
object that accesses itself.

In our case(shortened to the offending line):

 def __del__(self):
     print "About to destroy: ", self.id

What seems to happen is that the "self.id" access causes
the object to be cached again, causing scan_gc_items()
to run in circles.

Any ideas on how to best fix this?

Mario Lorenz              EMail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Tel:   03774 6625-78
Technik Netze             Handy:   0160 3151600
km3 teledienst GmbH         Fax:   03774 6625-79