Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

There's a recent entry in the 2.6 branch from fred stating:

        types don't have a guaranteed truth value, so check that it
        isn't None

the diff is here:

This same fix needs to be applied to at least the 2.7 branch and HEAD,
probaly other branches too, but I haven't checked.

The 2.7 branch and the head are the only two other "active" branches; I just checked in a fix which removes the "pre-2.3 compatibility" code.

Should I file a bug for this?

Nope, at least not this time. Next time you could follow up to 1203, noting the problem.