Herman Geldenhuys wrote:

I've written a Zope product that exposes a "MenuItem". I add a menuItem in a Zope folder, and I have no difficulty accessing and editing it via the ZMI. I've written an xml-rpc-like protocol for Zope, that basically validates the security "manually".

What do you mean by "manually"?

This code works for any other default Zope type, but not mine. Did I perhaps forgot a permission or something?

Did you do security declarations for that method?

I can access this fine via the ZMI, but when I validate it this way, python just starts cursing at me.

Why are you doing you own validation? ;-)