Stefan H. Holek wrote:

The best solution for me always has been to serve such files statically from Apache, bypassing ZServer altogether. In fact I have added support for static URLs to my version of ExtFile <>.

ZEO clusters will need a comon disk share (SAMBA, NFS) for this to work.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am a bit hesitant to revert to filesystem based storage at this point - we used to use LocalFS but switched from it in favor of DirectoryStorage.

I am also wondering about the security aspects of bypassing Zope to serve files - acess to some of the files we need to serve is restricted to particular users with particular permissions, and I cannot clearly see how this would be possible to accomplish without Zope's security machinery.

So, I am looking for a solution that either utilises Zope+ZServer with additional fixes or that replaces ZServer altoghether with something better (Apache, Pound, Twisted?). All this assuming of course that ZServer is not good at serving large files to many users.