Ian Beatty wrote:

I presume you mean "for cut, paste, rename, etc." If I remove
PropertyManager, my 'Properties' ZMI tab disappears.

That's odd, I could have sworn ObjectManager used that. Hmmm, maybe use Folder instead of ObjectManager ;-)

Okay. This is bizarre. I've got a containment hierarchy of several classes;
I'll talk about the top 3. I've got things set up so that I can create
instances of A within my Zope root (or any other "normal" Zope folder), I
can create instances of B and only B within A, and I can create instances of
C and only C within B.

How have you tried to make that happen?

Traceback (innermost last):
Module OFS.CopySupport, line 230, in manage_renameObjects
Module OFS.CopySupport, line 252, in manage_renameObject
Copy Error: [html snipped]

The HTML would be handy ;-)

What version of ZOpe are you using>

Attempting to rename an instance of C within B fails in the same way as
renaming A (i.e., with a '_notifyOfCopyTo').

I suspect the way you're trying to ensure only certain types of object can go in certain containers is to blame here...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk