Bjorn Stabell wrote:
Has anyone gotten TCPWatch to work recently? Using Python2.1/2.2/2.3 I get:
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function window_loop at 0x402877d4>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/zope/opt/bin/", line 656, in window_loop
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/", line 965, in mainloop
RuntimeError: Calling Tcl from different appartment

Other people have reported this, but I can't reproduce it. I've been using tcpwatch on Python versions 2.1 through 2.3 without a hiccup. Are you using Linux? If so, what distribution?

As a workaround, you can use "-s" to dump to stdout.

Are there any other good, free TCPWatch-like tools that allow you to snoop on HTTP requests.

There is ethereal, though it's a lower level tool.