Ian Beatty wrote:

Not in the least! =8-0 I've never mucked around this deep within Zope
before. What's the danger... threading issues?

Yeah, but should be okay as you're only reading...

It's a whole lot easier to have those files nicely packaged inside my
product, so that all someone needs to do is install the product and be done
with it. No separate directory of files to put somewhere, no Apache
configuration to do, no URL issues.

I'm wide open to suggestions for a better way to do this!

For your stated needs, I think your solution is getting close to optimal :-)

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk