Clemens Robbenhaar wrote:
 But it is a base exception class in ZOracleDA, however. Thus the
product using it need to explicitely import this exception, and thus
explicitely depend on the used relational database; code needs to be
rewritten if one exchanges the external data base.

So, you got sucked into the myth of SQL too? ;-)
You'll need to rewrite at least some of your SQL if you change backends, so I don't see this as a huge problem...

Well, um, yes, at least I am asking if it makes sense to keep the exception
DA.DatabaseError in the code, even it it is not yet / no longer used.

I think it's good ot keep it there so DA authors can subclass it, but not for stuff to be caught and re-raised as is happening now...