Chris Withers wrote:
> Dylan Jay wrote:
> >disadvantage that the css is no longer valid once templated. ZPT of course
> >would be the solution if CSS was XML, but alas :(
>
> I think ZPT is just fine for generating CSS. It coudl do with a plan text
> mode, like it has an HTML and XML mode, but apart fro mthat, it rocks :-)

Stylesheets should always be static documents, a dynamic stylesheet
defeats browser caching and destroys the advantages over just inlining
all the presentation markup.  If you want to have dynamic style, you
should use dynamic cascading & inclusion instructions, but the
stylesheets themselves should remain static.  As such, generating
style in ZPT is a complete waste of time and effort.  The File object
is a much better fit.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying