On 03/30/04 14:31, Tres Seaver wrote:
I strongly favor DTML over ZPT for those cases where you need to generate dynamic "plain" text (mail, CSS, Javascript, etc.) Neither will be "transparent" to tools like Dreamweaver, but then again I can't imagine *any* markup that would be transparent; it would pretty much have to be embedded in whatever "comment" syntax the underlying language defines.

Here is a fairly transparent syntax to consider.

p {
  color: gray;
  background-color: white;
  -tal-define: preferences context/preferences;
  -tal-attribute-color: preferences/foreground;
  -tal-attribute-background-color: preferences/background;

That would be pretty neat. It wouldn't be as expressive as ZPT, but that might be an asset.