Jamie Heilman wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

I propose to move from CVS to subversion for the Zope and ZODB projects;

No complaints from me.  I do wonder though... one thing I've noticed
about ZC's CVS usage in the past is that you folks never export your
code for releases.  Indeed, the 2.7.0 source release wasn't even
checked out with -P so there's a lot of goofy-looking empty
directories in the tarball.

I'm sure that was an oversight. Thanks for pointing it out. Of course, with subversion, we won't have those stupid directories in the first place.

A common idiom through a great deal of
the code is:
  __version__='$Revision: 1.201 $'[11:-2]

Now... thats a cute hack, but its also a silly waste of time.

Not enough to mean anything.

BTW, we're moving away from using this idiom, since Python
__version__ variables are not widely used and aren't
really intended to track individial file revisions AFAICT.

> If releases were exported with -kv, it wouldn't be necessary.

That would break Id variables.  We do use $Id$ and I want the
full ID string so that the ident command will work.

-- Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered! CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com http://www.zope.org