fwiw, i've been able to get good results at migrating the plone
repository and branches using the refinecvs migration script

the cvs2svn script included with subversion had several issues with
branches, although it was a few months ago (prior to svn 1.0) that i
last attempted to use it.

with a little luck plone will be on svn before the end of the month.

i've also setup some one way cvs->svn sync scripts for mirroring
zope.org cvs into an svn repository to allow for automated pull of
dependencies via svn:externals.