Stephan Richter wrote:
On Thursday 15 April 2004 13:22, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Note that for checking dependencies in Python code I still think this
tool could be improved by using technology from importchecker.py

http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/utilities/importchecker.py

which can use Python's compiler module to lift all imports from source
code, which I think is safer than the hand crafted parser approach
finddeps.py takes now.

If somebody lets me know which API they want implemented for retrieving
imports (and use of imports) I could do this lifting work myself.

Fred has fixed that a while ago already (if I read the checkins correctly). :-)

Well, perhaps I missed something. It changed to use the Python tokenizer, I think, if it wasn't doing this already. It doesn't use the compiler module, as importchecker does Anyway, I guess the tokenizer is fine too, and might even be faster for all I know, just seems an unfortunate duplication of work, plus I checked in importchecker for little reason. :)

Regards,

Martijn