On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 08:10:26PM +0200, Peter Sabaini wrote:
> * Reference: IMHO one of the trickier things, especially for the API
> Ref. because one would first have to decide what constitutes the API and
> what is simply Zope core...

The long-term solution, I think, is to fix the API mess itself. Eek.
I have a proposal about this here:
... but I think this will take a while, and I'd rather get
the book updated first.

I think it's worth hand-massaging the API reference chapter for
the 2.7 book and fixing the embedded docs later.
Yes, I volunteer to do this :-)

> * A chapter TOC: it would be great if we could have an inter-chapter
> table of contents; would greatly help navigation esp. in longer chapters
> -- I seem to recall that someone once mentioned working on such a
> feature -- Paul maybe?

The book already has an inter-chapter TOC at the beginning ;-)
Chris and I worked on an intra-chapter TOC at Pycon.
My stuff is in backtalk CVS on sourceforge.
Just needs a bit of cleanup and it'll be ready to go.

Paul Winkler