Toby Dickenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thursday 22 April 2004 10:42, Syver Enstad wrote:
> > I've used the cache_size paramter to the constructor of the DB to good
> > effect. Are there any further gotchas for ensuring that the ZODB stays
> > in memory as much as possible?
>
> Memory usage scales proportional to the number of threads.  Reducing the
> number of worker threads lets you increase the per-thread cache size.

I don't use connection per thread semantics but I think I understand
what you mean. I should pass a lower number than the default to the
pool_size keyword argument for the DB constructor?

What about the other arguments to the DB constructor?
cache_deactivate_after sounds interesting. Since I am running ZODB in
a web server I don't want the data to timeout and disappear from
memory since every object I have should be loaded at all times.