Fred Drake wrote:

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 04:48 am, Chris Withers wrote:
 > I'm guessing there is some kind of log-to-console logger already?
 >
 > If so, why not just add that in zope.conf and comment it out when you move
 > to production?

That would work for me, but not everyone at ZC agreed, so I've made some changes that should be good for most people; see my message to Andreas and (and Zope-Dev) for a description of how things work on the trunk now.

What were their arguments?

What you've implemented feels "automagical" to me (a word that makes me want to throw spikey objects at whoever uses it, second only to authentification) and I wholeheartedly echo Dieter's comments further down in the thread...

Would-be-great-to-be-explicit-and-more-configurable-ly yours,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk