--On Montag, 26. April 2004 10:53 Uhr +0200 David Convent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Bjorn,

I always believed that unicode and utf-8 were same encoding, but reading
you let me think i was wrong.
Can you tell me what the difference is between unicode and utf-8 ?

Unicode is common database for almost all characters. UTF-8 is an *encoding*
that allows you to represent any element of this character database as set
for 1,2,3 or 4 bytes. There are also other encoding e.g. like UTF16 that encode
an element in a different way....so we are talking about completely different things.

-aj