On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 15:57, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> "Tim Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/03/2004 04:41:08 PM:
> >
> > If someone cares enough to work up a patch, Python's patch tracker is
> open
> > all night:
> >
> >     http://sf.net/tracker/?atid=305470&group_id=5470
> I might be willing to try my hand at this, but I could use a tiny bit of
> guidance. (If you don't mind.)
> It seems that the patch should only be activated for LinuxThreads, and
> should be tested for in configure.

I don't think it should be tested for in configure (or at compile-time
at all).  People will want to have binary distributions that work both
with LinuxThreads and NPTL; some people actually switch back and forth
on an application-by-application basis.  It would be much better to
check at runtime.

Carl Witty