Jim Fulton wrote:
I'd be happy to set up a nightly (or weekly, let me know which would be better) scheduled task (see, it's Widnows, there is no Cron, although Schedules Tasks do have a much nicer UI ;-) ) that checked out he latest HEAD of Zope 3, compiled it and PUT it up to my Zope.org member area

I think that would be super. Nightly would be best.

Okay, added to the bottom of a sadly very long list :-S

Do you have to go through all of that? Couldn't you put it up as a zip
file, using ZMI, rather than CMF API's?

As a mere mortal member and not-yet-signer of litigious paperwork, am I allowed ZMI access?

I think making the binaries available will widen the pool of people
who could fix windows problems.

Really? I would have thought they'd need ot be able to compile :-S

Don't confuse "caring" with "time" and "priorities". I care about having
Zope 3 run on Windows, and Mac OS X, and other platforms. I don't have time
to do that though. I think it would be appropriate for others to help by working
on windows and Mac OS X (etc.) issues.

Indeed. Although the stuff which stopped me was shear carelessness (things like just using unix path seperators rather that os.path.join, etc)...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk