Casey Duncan wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:00:16 +0200
Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote at 2004-5-15 13:04 -0400:

Dieter, do you think you can read this patch and give a thumbs up or
down on it?

The patch looks good.

On a different subject, the publisher probably shouldn't pass around
traceback objects (e.g. when it calls into err_hook) as Tres believes
that may be a memory leak waiting to happen.

The traceback is vital for error analysis.

It may not be necessary that ZPublisher touches the traceback
but we will definitely need access to it during error handling.

Because the traceback contains stack frames, passing it through another stack frame (via a function call) is inherently tricky: the called function must *not* raise another exception.

Perhaps the traceback can be passed as a string to avoid leaks?
Furthermore why can't the traceback be retrieved later from

+1; I don't want untrusted code handling tracebacks anyway.

Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"