I tried the patch but a unittest is still failing:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/sandboxes/Zope-2_7-branch: python2.3 test.py --dir lib/python/Zope
Running unit tests from /develop/sandboxes/Zope-2_7-branch
INFO:event:INFO(0) Zope hello
Error in test testZopeRunConfigure (Zope.Startup.tests.testStarter.ZopeStarterTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/develop/sandboxes/Zope-2_7-branch/lib/python/Zope/Startup/tests/testStarter.py", line 359, in testZopeRunConfigure
self.failUnlessEqual(new_config.zserver_threads, 100)
AttributeError: DefaultConfiguration instance has no attribute 'zserver_threads'