Tres Seaver wrote:

> We should have a 'hasattr-geddon' and remove every trace of that
> monstrosity from Zope and the CMF;  likewise a 'bareexcept-geddon'
> (there might be a few places which are smart enough to do 'except:', but
> I doubt it).

Now its not a geddon by any means, but the code I wrote and offered in
bug 911 fixes 3 (iirc) bare excepts, a couple of privacy holes,
several bugs, and adds some enhancements that my tests have shown are
basically backwards compatible with everything out there (though I
didn't realize at the time CMF had a cache manager of its own and I'm
not sure how they interact).  Its been a year now since I offered that
code and I haven't gotten so much as a comment on it.  Maybe its time
to wander over and give it a look?

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"You came all this way, without saying squat, and now you're trying