Evan Simpson wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

I thought you had proposed this, but I couldn't find a proposal
or documentation.

You say this is implemented in Zope 2? Where is it documented?

Actually, it's only implemented on evan-pathprefix-branch. It has been quite a while since I had a chance to work on it, so I had forgotten that it was never merged, or properly documented for that matter. Pretty much all the information about it that isn't in the source code is in the ZPT list archives from August and September (e.g. http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2003-August/004902.html)

Thanks for the pointer.

> So, no
worries if you decide to take a completely different direction -- it was never released.

I had forgotten that there was already a notion of namespaces (local and global) and a syntax for defining variables in those namespaces. This is very helpful.

So, we could define an "adapter" or "prefix" namespace without providing a
generalizd namespace mechanism.

I don't inderstand what motivated the special expression types for this
namespace.  For example, to get at file-system based code, couldn't you have
used the modules variable?

Jim