No, I don't use TranslationService. A quick glance at the code shows that TS uses several caches (dictionaries) which are stored in the request object: "_localizer_placeful_mc_cache", "_translation_service_cache" and "_ts_domain_cache".

The values of these dictionaries are acquisition wrappers (objects returned
by "unrestrictedTraverse" or explicitly built). Maybe the leak is there.

Juan David,

Indeed, thanks for the input, I've ruled out new_publish as the cause as
well ...

Right now, I'm at the stage where I severely suspect it's got something to
with i18n support or translation somehow, but don't know where exactly yet.

If I remove the message_catalog, the problem goes away.

If I remove the TranslationService instance, the problem goes away. Do you
use this? Does anybody know of alternatives to the
combo to enable i18n in ZPT's on Zope 2?

If I keep the above two, but delete my custom Localizer instances, the
problem persists.

I was trying to find an alternative message_catalog to use, but couldn't
find one (CMFLocalizer is based on yours).

So I'm going to try and narrow the field some more.  I *quickly* looked
the message_catalog and TranslationService code, and nothing jumped out.
I have to also look at the ZPT engine itself, maybe it's i18n
support is the cause of the problem.

I'll run further tests ...