Tim Peters wrote:
[Martijn Faassen]

I'm not sure whether the patch ever could've worked. Firstly, the rich
comparison operations were never called; I think perhaps due to some
limitation in ExtenionClass.

ExtensionClass doesn't play well with many "newer" Python class features.
Rich comparisons are one of them.

That's what I figured, thanks Tim for confirming it.

Anyway, I think I fixed at least the matter for field help topics in a much simpler way, though I don't know whether other sections don't do ZODB writes either on startup. If it's in the normal Zope help registration then we have a bigger problem. :)

The fix is in the latest Formulator CVS; Paul, please test it if you can and let me know if you still see the untowards behavior.

Regards,

Martijn