[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote at 2004-5-26 11:28 -0400:
>You might want to take a look at:
>and  comment on its effectiveness. It fixes the original problem that lead
>to having signals blocked in spawned threads. (The problem essentially
>being that a Control-C in readline might be caught by the wrong thread.)
>but without the blocking. (besides the segfault problem, it also fixes the
>way that os.system() and os.popen() spawn children with blocked signals,
>and similar problems.) It does so in a more general purpose way that should
>help python on all supported platforms, and not just  the specifics of

Note the following extract from the Python Library Reference

     and the main thread will be the only one to receive signals (this
     is enforced by the Python signal module, even if the underlying
     thread implementation supports sending signals to individual

Thus, beside the "Control-C" issue, we respect/update this
assertion about signal delivery.