Just some quick suggestions:

 - First, can you reproduce the problem in a test environment?

 - In general, I would say one of the first steps you should take is try
   it out with the latest stable versions of Zope (2.7.0) and Python
   (2.3.4).  You shouldn't be surprised to find bugs running old
   versions of software and prerelease versions of your OS.

   For example, there are some BTree-related bugs in older Zope versions
   that could cause this, IIRC

 - I doubt the thread stack size is the issue, although others may be
   better equipped to say so

 - I guess it's possible that when you replaced the CPU you didn't
   upgrade the ventilation/cooling adequately?  Hot CPUs can cause all
   kinds of strange things.

Richard Ettema wrote:

I have a cmf site that has begun restarting frequently and at random intervals for no apparent reason.

ERROR(200) zdaemon Process 25606 terminated by signal SIGSEGV(11)

-the cpu and memory being upgraded. This was returned to the original memory and cpu state to make sure this wasn't the cause. These have been swapped in/out with no change so it looks like it is just coincidence.

The only possible answer I have come up with while searching is about the thread stack size being to small.

CMF: 1.4.2
Zope: (unreleased version, python 2.1.3, linux2)
Python: 2.1.3 (#1, Sep 7 2002, 15:29:56) [GCC 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)]