How does:

"take adapter, apply to it object with name as a parameter"

That's close to the meaning of Even Simpson's Zope 2 ':' extension. Which is why we don't want to use this syntax for adapters.

...differ from:

Well, what we did in bristol, enabled:

  my_content_object/zope:title

Which really gets a special adapter named "zope"
which exposes zapi-like functionality for ZPT.

?

I'm afraid neither of those means anything to me so your equivalency makes so sense :-S

right, which is why we want to pick a different syntax.

When I understand the difference, I hope I'll agree :-)

Steve pointed out some problems with the syntax, which
the above examples should make obvious.

Hurm :-S Don't suppose you have a use for that off hand?

Use for what?

I wish I could excuse that as a typo :-S

"Don't suppose you have a URL for that off hand?"

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk