Adriana Monti wrote:

I am looking for a way to run custom python scripts in Unix, scheduled through cron, that will update the ZODB of our Zope site. The requirement is that our site cannot be shut down to accommodate this. We are running Zope 2.7.0. I tried "zopectl run", but I had to bring down our site to run the script.

Does anyone update their Zope site using batch scripts without shutting down their site?

If you set up your site using ZEO, then a script executed via 'zopectl run' can open a database connection while your server remains up.

Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"